Pages

Thursday 28 August 2014

Why Do Asexuals...

I rather enjoyed doing the google questions a very short while back, and I like answering questions, so guys, if you have a question, ask. Or just eat cake. I don't know - what do you do for fun? Answering questions, and so I'm going to answer some.


I have a few answers: some assuming that some great deity exists, and one that doesn't. So you can pick:

a) Asexuals exist because of the same reasons that variation occurs in humans as a whole. And because of the same reasons that a variety of sexual orientations exist.

b) A great deity saw the state of the world and decided that too many people were obsessed with sex, sex, sex, and decided to do something about it.

c) A great deity thought that the world could do with more bakers. (see next question)

d) This great deity is asexual themselves but couldn't model the world to their specifications (perhaps there's a world-creating committee and they decide what happens on each world) so decided to create some asexy awesomeness as their contribution.


Aces like cake. Cake can be enjoyed in small pieces. People don't think you're odd for not liking, enjoying, or eating cake. Cake is a pleasant and delightful thing to eat, and it's also enjoyable while baking and making it, and making and baking cake is fairly productive too. Cake is everything awesome that we need in our lives and it's very cool.

And cakes don't talk either.


Depends entirely on the asexual person in question, but the black ring is a sign of asexuality. Generally it's on the middle finger of the right hand, but some aces prefer to have theirs on other fingers.

When I finally get myself a black ring, I'm going to call it my Ring Of Power. Or Fluffy, even though it won't be fluffy. If I'm going for anything, it's going to be simple.


I'm going to stab these two at the same time. But not literally. That would break my laptop.

But first:

Sexual attraction: "Hey, I'd really like to do 'it' with that person,"
Romantic attraction: "Hey, I think I'd like to have a few dates and a relationship with them,"

Note: these terms are somewhat subjective and I haven't even got started on sensual and aesthetic attraction yet, which are doubly subjective and somewhat disputed too. But anyway.

Asexual people don't experience sexual attraction. It's not in their nature. But romantic attraction? It depends on the ace. Plenty of aces experience romantic attraction and do wish to be in a romantic relationship. Ergo, why they date, and even marry. They may get involved with other aces, or with sexual people (A good amount of being open about feelings can go a long way here).

...And plenty of others, like myself, have no interest in such an area. And as long as we're happy, we're fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment